Skype # ID bruce.maes1
Welcome To The Crane Store
Wireless Crane Anemometers / Crane Operator Resume's
Wireless Crane Communications
Weather Wizard III
Bob's Rigging and Crane Handbook 8th Edition
Also available in Spanish
Bob's Rigging and Crane Handbook the Revised and Expanded Eigth/8th Edition. This handbook contains new and updated information of wire rope, slings, rigging, fittings, cranes, weight
tables, OSHA regulations, ASME industry standards. This book contains over 270 pages of necessary information for
the rigger, crane operator, engineer, field superintendent, and
safety director. New and updated information is provided on
rigging, equipment and capacity load charts, practical tips for
safely handling loads and important information on the types.
setup, and use of mobile cranes. The rigger and crane operator
will find this book very practical in applying easy to understand
rigging principles and the engineer will find all pertinent information
on wire rope, slings, fittings, and load calculations and the field
superintendent will have information on directing safe and efficient
field operation, and the safety director will have available tools
necessary to establish and follow safe practices according to
OSHA and ASME/ANSI regulations and standards. This
handbook covers the following topics: Basic math in calculating weights, center of gravity and sling loads. Chain fall
tension when drifting loads. Capacity charts for all types of slings - now including high
strength fiber slings and higher strength slings for wire rope, chain, and flat bodied fiber
slings. Updated and complete wire rope types and breaking strengths - including regular wire
rope constructions, rotation-resistant designs, compacted strand constructions, and
plastic-coated wire rope.
Rigging hitches, practical tips for rigging and rigging hardware.
Rigging safety rules and rules of thumb.
Mobile cranes - principles, types and guidelines for use.
Structural and stability limitations of mobile cranes.
Mobile crane rules of thumb.
Critical lift plans.
OSHA Regulations and ASME industry standards. Bob's rigging and crane handbook
Bob's Overhead Crane and Rigging Handbook
Bob's Overhead Crane and Rigging Handbook 3rd Edition for
Industrial Operations. This handbook contains the same basics
on wire rope, slings, fittings, rigging, hitches, OSHA and ASME/ANSI regulations and codes as in the Bob's rigging and crane
handbooks, except this now focuses on overhead and gantry
cranes, In addition to these listed basics, this handbook covers the
following topics on overhead cranes:
Types and terminology of overhead cranes.
Inspection procedures and check lists.
Hoist limit switches.
Inspection of hoist and load chains.
Overhead crane safety rules.
Overhead crane hand signals.
Rigging Safety Rules
Rigging slings, hitches and hardware
Basic math in calculating weights, center of gravity and sling loads. Bob's overhead crane and rigging handbook.
The Complete Rigger's Reference Handbook
New 3rd Edition
The Complete RIGGER'S REFERENCE Handbook is a practical, well illustrated guide designed as a quick reference tool for the beginning and professional rigger, crane operator, supervisor and others responsible for the safe and proper use and inspection of rigging gear. This handbook is specifically designed to be used in the instruction of crane and rigging activity. It is the product of over 30 years of the author's personal experience in construction and maintenance rigging, design, development and presentation of crane and rigging training, as well as several years of fabrication experience with the Slingmax® Rigging Solutions organization. Here are just a few of the new topics addressed in the 2nd Edition.
- Multi-lift slings (Christmas treeing slings) criteria as per OSHA 29CFR 1926.753
- Tap, die and hex head (Allen head) for swivel hoist ring engagements and torque
- Standard Tower Crane Signals
- Additional Electrical Hazards information
- Crane Limitations
ANSI/ASME Crane Standards / American Society of Mechanical Engineers
(Safety standards for the construction, installation, operation, inspection, and maintenance of jacks, cranes, monorails, derricks, hoists, hooks, slings, and cableways; and specification standards for hoists.)
Rigging Reference Cards
Our rigging reference cards are a valuable small tool to easily teach individuals crane hand signals, and use of rigging capacity charts. I've designed these new rigging cards with shackles, wire rope slings, web-two eyed slings, polyester round slings, ASME crane hand signals. Good verbal crane signals and standard hand crane signals are a must for safe crane operations. The cards are high quality printed, Laminated and scored for easy folding for your wallet. Included with the cards are 2-5/8 x 3-3/4, 2 mil. Polyethylene sleeves per card.
Crane and Construction Training CD's
Welcome the Hard Hat Training Series. These CD's and all of its materials have been developed and used by our professional trainers out in the field. They are now available to be used and adapted to your companies needs. They can be used as is, or you may customize them to fit your company, worksite and equipment. Slides can be added or deleted, pictures and content may be changed. We encourage this specialization, but you need to be careful not to leave out required training content. Also, if a change is made to the presentation, you may need to make a corresponding change to the student manual. Take time before giving a class to familiarize yourself with all of the materials and decide in advance which changes you may like to make. We provide safety training for the following equipment: Sit Down Forklift | Stand Up Forklift | Telescopic Handler | Loader / Backhoe | Boom Truck | Aerial Lift / Scissor Lift | Dock Mounted Crane | RoughTerrain Crane | Overhead Crane | Confined Space | Vehicle Mounted Aerial Platform (Bucket Truck) | Trench Safety | Excavator | Articulated Boom Truck
Wireless Crane Anemometers:
The Crane Store is a authorized distributor for Load Systems International/LSI crane instruments that are affordable yet highly accurate instruments.
- The low-cost wind speed monitoring solution for a diverse range of applications and industries
- Retrofits onto the mounting bracket of the previous model of LSI wind speed sensor for an easy upgrade
- FCC and CE certified
- Communication range of 4,600 feet / 1,400 meters
- Compatible with The GS820, GS550 & GS320 Displays and with the Gateway Router
- Measurement range of 0 to 150 mph / 0 to 241.4 km/h
- Typical accuracy: +/- 3 mph (+/- 4.8 km/h)
- User-replaceable wind cup assembly
- Inexpensive replacement wind speed heads
- Simple and easy battery change:
- Turn the battery cap 90° and remove the cap
- Replace the battery with a new one
- Replace the battery cap
- Up to 4 years of battery life under normal operation
- Features a 1-year warranty
GS026 User Manual
LSI GS026 WIND SPEED SENSOR DATASHEET
LSI GS026 WIND SPEED SENSOR BROCHURE
Wireless Wind Speed Display
- Displays the current wind value on a large, brightly lit LED display
- Users can set a wind speed alarm level
- The LSI Wind Speed System consists of: GS320 Wind Speed Display/Receiver, Display Power Cable and GS025 Wireless Battery-Powered Anemometer (GS025 Anemometer has the ability to communicate with the GS320, GS550 and GS820 Displays, and with the Gateway). Retrofits onto the mounting bracket of the previous model of LSI wind speed sensor for an easy upgrade
- Users can display wind speed units in mile per hour or meters per second
- Line of sight communication range: 4,000 feet (1,300 meters)
- Has the ability to output a lockout signal to engage hydraulic solenoid valves (or output the alarm signal to an external light or siren)
- LSI GS Series Displays and Sensors feature accurate and reliable Direct Sequence-Spread Spectrum-Two Way Communication
- Users can order extra displays that work in “listening mode” (In “listening mode,” an unlimited number of displays can listen to ONE wind speed sensor. For example, if you have a refinery application and you buy one wind speed sensor and place it at the highest point, you can then have an unlimited number of displays spread out monitoring distance and showing the wind speed value on each display from the single wind speed sensor.)
- To save battery life, when the display is powered off the wind sensor goes into “listening mode” and will not transmit until the display is turned back on
- Powered by 1 D-Cell Lithium Battery
- Up to 2 years battery life
- Standard accuracy is 3%, with the option of an NIST traceable version (with 1% accuracy)
- Display voltage input is 10-30 volts
- 2 year warranty against defects
- Display Dimensions: 4.7” tall X 3.7” wide X 1.125” deep
- Display ships with ram mounting bracket allowing for easy positioning of the display
LSI GS320 WIND SPEED DISPLAY BROCHURE
LSI GS320 WIND SPEED DISPLAY DATASHEET
Does your product application require explosion proof sensors? If so, then look to The Crane Store as your solution provider.
Each of our transmitters can be supplied with either CSA-US, Class 1 Div 1 approval or ATEX Zone 0, 1, 2 approvals. We offer intrinsically safe load cells, A2B, boom angle and wind speed sensors, as well as stand-alone transmitters to transmit on/off, pressure, temperature, and strain gauge signals.
We offer a CSA-US, Class 1 Div 2 approved display with either our GS550 Display or GS820 Display. The housing on these displays is also available in stainless steel. The GS550 Display also has the option for ATEX Zone 2 certification and is rated for a safe cab.
Our transmitters are powered from a "D" cell lithium battery. The electronics inside of our transmitter boxes are potted for increased waterproof protection.
LSI products feature a 2 year warranty against defects.
If you are in need of intrinsically safe sensors, call LSI today to learn more about our market leading products.
We are also distributors for Davis Instruments, a fine line of high-quality wireless anemometer weather instrumentation for crane safety, monitoring wind and weather conditions during critical lifts or just your job site. The anemometer mounts on or near the tip of the boom for accurate wind data wear it matters.
Crane Signals Communications
ComStar wireless increase the efficiency of crane and operations through instantaneous voice communications. These revolutionary headsets are not voice activated and there is no delay when transmitting. The system operates in "full duplex", which means that up to 8 users including operator, signalman, and ground crews can all talk simultaneously while working with there hands.
Open Line of Communication - No Buttons to Push!
Complete 3 Station Wireless for
One Operator and Two Spotters.
Add up to 5 more communication stations by purchasing additional beltpaks and headsets.
1 Comstar Com-Center Base Station / Batteries and Chargers
3 Compak Lightweight Beltpacks / With Batteries + Backup Batteries
1 Cyber Headset
2 Xtreme Headsets for Compak Units
Code of Federal Regulations - Title 29 Part 1926 - Labor (OSHA Regulations)
New Rule for Cranes and Derricks in Construction--Summary
Federal OSHA revised its rules for cranes and derricks used in construction to update and specify industry work practices necessary to protect employees during the use of cranes and derricks in construction.
PROVISIONS EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 8, 2010
Following are highlights of provisions of the new rules that apply to employers and other entities in control of crane and derrick equipment during construction operations.
Crane operator certification in states and municipalities with operator licensing rules. All crane and derrick operators in states and municipalities with operator licensing laws must be licensed to operate by the effective date of such laws.
Crane operator training in states without operator licensing rules. From November 8, 2010 until November 10, 2014 (i.e., the phase-in period), operators must be trained to operate the equipment and must be evaluated to confirm that the operator understands the information provided in the training. See the CRANE PERSONNEL TRAINING CHART for information.
Qualifications for rigger, signal person, and other personnel. Riggers and signal persons must meet specific qualification requirements in order to perform their tasks. Other personnel in the work zone must be trained to recognize hazards associated with the use of the equipment and any related duties that they are assigned to perform. See the CRANE PERSONNEL TRAINING CHART for more information.
We accept PayPal
Contact us | View site map